“From tonight onwards, take complete control of your life. Decide, once and for all, to be the master of your fate. Run your own race. Discover your calling and you will start to experience the ecstasy of an inspired life.”~ Robin Sharma
Our happiness in our life is directly linked to the amount of control we have over our life. We feel happy, excited when we are in control of our life.
We either feel stressed out or unhappy when we are not in control of our life.
our job is to take control of our life by accepting complete responsibility, by doing the necessary things to bring our life in balance.
We could take control of our life in 4 ways
1. start doing something new
- One of the way we could take control of our lives is by start doing something new which could benefit us.
- It may be something as simple as waking up early in the morning, reading books, doing exercise or yoga, start investing money, learning a new skill, and something life-changing like starting a new business or changing your carrier.
- List any 5 new activities which would you like to start doing this week/month/year?
2. Start doing something more of
- Start doing more of what you are already doing that is beneficial to you.
- We all have many habits and activities that we do every day which are making our lives easier and reaping rewards.
- Our job now is to find out the things we are already doing that benefit us and start doing more of it.
- It could be something like increasing the time of exercise we do every day, spending more time on our projects.
List any five activities that you do every day that benefit you the most? And start doing more of it.
3. Start doing less of
- Every day we indulge in certain activities that make less or no significant changes in our lives.
- These activities including watching long hours of Television, too much intake of unhealthy foods, spending too much time unproductively.
- These are all some of the activities which we could consider start doing less of.
List any 5 activities that you could consider start doing less of every day?
4. Stop and replace it
- These are all activities that are no longer beneficial to you in the short term as well as in the long term.
- The best thing you could do is to consider abandoning or replacing it with something that could benefit you in the short term and long term.
List any 5 activities in your routine that you could consider stopping doing? And consider replacing it with any other productive activities or habits.
“Control your thoughts. Decide about that which you will think and concentrate upon. You are in charge of your life to the degree you take charge of your thoughts.”Earl Nightingale