“Focus on being balanced- success is balance.Laila Ali
- A well-balanced life is the true successful life.
- People often correlate success with making a lot of money, getting rich, career success. And that is understandable.
- What If someone has a lot of money and not in the pink of health, unfulfilled relationship, can we consider this as a true success.
- True success comes from a sense of satisfaction that you are in control of all the key areas of your life.
- Balancing our life is not a one-time process. It is an ongoing process.
- You may not take complete control of your life. certainly, you can make good enough.
Key areas of our life
Key areas of our life include:
1. Physical and mental health
2. Family and relationships
3. Business and career
4. Spirituality and contribution to the society
6. Fun and recreation
7. Personal achievement/learning
- Now, I would like you to grade yourself in the above areas of your life on a scale of 1-10.
- Write down your scores and be honest with yourself in the process.
Pay attention to your scores:
- See the areas where you have overscored and underscored.
- If your score is between 8-10, you are doing excellent.
- A score between 5-8, shows you are doing good.
- A score below 5, shows the area needs some real attention.
Improve your scores
- Once you identified the areas that needs more attention, find out what exactly holds you back and find a way to overcome it.
- In the same way, work on every other areas to keep the scores excellent.
It’s an ongoing process
- Balancing our life is an ongoing process and it never stops.
- Our job is to keep track of all the key areas of our lives and to fulfill the day-to-day needs and wants.
- Thereby we can maintain a well-balanced life.
Everything in life…has to have balance.Donna Karan