“The shorter way to do many things is to only do one thing at a time.”Mozart
- Time management is often called life management because our ability to use and manage our time effectively plays a great role in the quality of the life we lead.
- Time cannot be saved, it can only be used effectively.
- How we start a day is how we live a day, how we live a day is how we live our life.
Techniques for time management:
- Plan every day, every week and month in advance.
- Always focus on the most important activities rather than trivial.
- Have a to-do list
- Use the ABCDE method of sorting out every task to be completed. Consider A – being the most important and E- being the least important.
- Complete your tasks on schedule.
- Avoid time wasters like watching too much tv, listening to music or surfing the web, idle talk.
- Make a list of things has to be done every day, Every week and month. Complete those activities.
- Do one thing at a time. Avoid multi-tasking. Multi-tasking causes confusion and time-consuming.
- Take a task, finish it, and move on to the other task.
- Always focus on the results, not on the process.
“Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year – and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!”Tony Robbins